Thursday 18 December 2008

Day 6

We were still in Manchester and still walking everywhere that we went. I started the day with a cup of tea in the hotel room. We then walked out to find somewhere serving breakfast, we ended up in a Cafe Rouge where I ordered 2 poached eggs and toast with a cup of tea.

The remainder of the morning we spent walking around the shops and sights. At lunch we went it a bar that was offering lunch for £4.00. I ordered the breast of chicken burger with chips (I could honestly count on the one hand how many times in the last month that I have eaten chips before this trip). I did the same as the day before and gave half of the chips to my bf and only ate one half of the bun that the burger was in.

The rest of the day was spent on the train before leaving we stocked up on healthy snacks for the journey - we got carrot sticks, hummous, satsumas and low fat crisps. After getting off the train we walked the 20 minutes home instead of getting a taxi (we were glad of the exercise and fresh air). Once home I had a cup of tea and 2 slices of toast.

1 comment:

  1. Just saw that you started up this new blog - it's great! I was thinking about doing something similar to keep me motivated at becoming more healthy. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete